San Diego, CA
Redtail Telematics Corporation is presently seeking a solid operations professional with at least 5 years of experience in a technical/customer service oriented environment from a telecommunications, telematics or relevant industry. This candidate shall also demonstrate technical competency skills and excellent problem solving abilities. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude coupled with a personal sense of work ethic that is not only willing but enthusiastic about the opportunity to understand all aspects of company operations. The role is only suitable for those who enjoy the small company environment where everyone multi-tasks, but where growth into larger company is also expected.
This position requires a self-starter with experience in the day-to-day tactical execution of support for technical product solutions. Candidates must have a working knowledge of database applications and experience with business management systems. It is required for this position to leverage the company’s considerable international technology resources to deliver the highest quality of service to our customers. You must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly think outside the box to ensure the highest level of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing and managing relationships with all appropriate customers, administrators and personnel.
- Establishing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of all Redtail technology.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge base and documentation of all solutions deployed with North American customers.
- Regular application support for the Redtail fleet management solution and other Redtail software solutions.
- Assisting the customers & Sales Team in the testing and implementation of hardware/software solutions in the customer’s environment.
- Performing all technical support and troubleshooting activities.
- Communicating chronic technology issues, concerns and suggestions with North American and European, operations and engineering teams.
- Providing training to personnel on pre-defined trouble-shooting & remediation strategies, where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot products using multiple systems and resources.
- Monitor and manage technical support ticketing systems.
- Work closely with all functions of the organization and team members both locally and internationally to successfully execute all tasks and projects in a cutting edge environment where priorities can change very quickly.
Requirements & Skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with little or no assistance.
- Knowledge and experience with business software systems; telecommunication industry experience a plus.
- Understanding of hardware deployment, upgrade, maintenance and troubleshooting techniques and models.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills appropriately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to occasionally handle stressful situations and demanding internal and external customers while maintaining a customer service and can-do attitude.
- This position is considered on-call for escalations as necessary.
- Some travel may be required.
- 5+ years direct involvement in operations.
- Science Degree, B.S. in Business, Finance, Applied Sciences, Computer Science, related field or certification equivalent.
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Performance bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Paid medical/dental insurance